Sunday, September 7, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes.... my hero



OK.. so sometimes in life you have those little moments that are frustrating but then the Lord sends you some humor to remind you that it is not as horrible as you might think. So here is the story, Friday I went to take Clifford (my car) to the store; we drive out of the drive way and my car does something a little funky so I stop and get out and look at my tires.... yes my friends I have a flat tire. So a few hours later I go out to my car to fix my tire with my nephew Carson and my Dad (supervisor). I get the materials out of the trunk, put the jack in its place and start getting the car up. Piece of cake right, I can do this. So the next step is to get the hub cap off the wheel so I can unscrew the bolts and take the tire off, I got that covered no problem. So I put the thing on that is suppose to loosen the bolts and nothing happens.... no movement. So I turned to Carson and said I don't think I can do this because I am not as strong as your Dad and Kimi (previous joke). He looks at me and says you look like a grown up so you must be strong. Then he tells me that never fear he is very tough, because hello boys are tougher than girls but never fear girls we are smarter than boys. (Good philosophy I think). Any way eventually with the help of my tough 5 year old nephew we get the wheel off and the spare on.... I am feeling pretty good about myself right now until I realize the spare is sticking out further than all of the other tires. I look at my Dad and he starts to laugh... yes folks I put it on backwards. I say duh, I should have known that because the air thing was against the car instead of the on the outside. My nephew had wandered away for a bit and came back to see what was taking me so long and what does he say.... Jenn you put the tire on backwards the air thing is on the wrong side with that duh attitude that I love Carson dearly for. So, there you have it folks out of the mouth of babes or 5 year old boys we learn some very basic principals: 1. If you look like a grown up than you are one. 2.Boys are tougher than girls except Aunt Kimi. 3. Girls are smarter than boys. and 4. Always put the air thing sticking out when you change your tire. You gotta love kids, I surely do and I have 10 nieces and 5 nephews to remind me everyday not to take myself so seriously... thank you to each one of you and especially to my tough 5 year old that used his muscles to change my tire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carson is the man. Need I say more? Good times.

 
Designed by Lena