Thursday, April 15, 2010

Brain Scrample Beware

Okay it is 11:00 at night and I am exhausted, yet I can't sleep because I am frustrated so I decided to blog. So I have this friend that I have known forever and I just don't get it, sometimes I feel like we are friends and other times I feel like he doesn't want to even acknowledge that he knows me. Why does he do that? Some may think that I am just being silly and they might be right but at the same time what has happened to people being nice and having the decency to just be honest. He once asked my opinion about something and I gave him an answer that was appropriate for the setting and then later I sent him a message with my true feelings... he asked.... I answered and since then no response from him.... NOTHING!!! What did I do, did I say something wrong? Why do guys do that? My major pet peeve is when someone sends you a message/text and asks a question or something of that nature and there is no response ever. I think that is so rude and inconsiderate. Just say I don't want to talk to you right now, thanks but no thanks. Instead of silence... because let's face it silence means soooooo many things and most of them are not nice things. I would rather get a no thanks then silence. Okay I know that this makes no sense but that is what is great about a blog you don't have to make sense.
And then after no response I get something from his family member asking me a favor for him and I can't say no, so I say sure I will try, but really all I want to do is go yell at him for the SILENCE!!!! Some of you might be interrupting this as oh poor Jenn, she has a crush and she can't read the signs that he doesn't like her.... the thing is that is not what it is about. I don't have a crush on him.... at least not that I know of, I thought at one time that he was wonderful because he treated me well and he made me feel like a friend, but now...I want to beat him. I know violence is not the answer but it would make me feel better. I also wonder if I care because let's face it I don't have a lot of male options even as friends right now and that is hard. I like having a guy around that gives you male opinions because sometimes girls well are girls and it is nice to have guys around, but alas that is not the case in my life. Not that I am really complaining because I have a great family and great friends. I just am missing something and maybe I am taking it out on him, but I still think it is rude!!! Any way I hope no one really pays much attention to this blog I just needed to write something. If you have an answer or a thought I am up for that too. Good night.... sweet dreams....

3 comments:

Dee said...

I'm right there with you. I totally agree. If someone asks a question and you answer it's nice to know they at least received the answer. And guy friends with guy advise is in such short supply! It's nice to get some perspective from the other half of the spectrum cause our girlfriends are just as jumbled up on certain topics and it's nice to get perspective on things from an unbiased person sometimes. That's why they ask us as well. We've solved dating issues for guys about other girls, why can't they do the same for us?

Jenn said...

Amen Sister!!

Andi said...

Oh, friend.... Let me just offer this: Guys are stupid. And they are bad communicators. Especially when it comes to something really important or emotional. I have been married for almost 11 years, and have lots of girlfriends in that same boat. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US would say that our guy is good at sharing his feelings (or any information at all, for that matter). But hang in there, it sounds like his friendship is worth the hassle. :)

 
Designed by Lena