Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Aida and the Carpenters


So last weekend I went on a little road trip with my fabtabulous friends to a play down in Orem call Aida. It was a lot of fun. We chatted all the way down, stopped for lunch in Farr West, and then went to the play. What is interesting about this play is that as I am watching it, I keep thinking to myself... do I really want them to get together or not. Ok, so if you don't know the story (which I did not before last weekend) there is this Egyptian princess who is engaged to this Captain of a boat for like nine years and on his last voyage he captures this women (who turns out to be a princess of the neighboring country that Egypt is at war with) any way and of course He falls in love with the girl, but there are complications (always!) and so you don't know if he will drop the Egyptian princess for the other princess. Funny twist the two princesses become friends even though the one doesn't know the other is a princess. So what happens... well that is the interesting part, you don't know quite how it will get resolved until it does, but the whole time I am watching this I am thinking who do I want him to end up with.... the girl he is madly in love with now or the girl who he has loved his whole life (I know this because he states it in the play)....... ? Is the one a fleeting feeling or is it true.... a very interesting and thought provoking play. Of course I know everyone that reads this will be like it is just a play don't read into it, but you know plays are about life, our lives, so it is interesting to think about.

Ok so the point of my blog today was not on the woes of love or analyzing this but to tell about my fun road trip. After the play we drove to PF Changs for dinner. (Side note we analyzed the play in the car on the way there.....) We had lots of fun and ate lots of good food. I am so glad I went. The car ride home was lots of fun especially since we were all tired and thank you Jeanna for getting us all home safely and not falling asleep. The rest of us all deny that we were sleeping but deep down we know we fell asleep at least once or maybe twice. We listened to music and are now experts on the Carpenters.. they will forever hold a "special" place in my heart. You girls are the best... you know who you are. Top of the World looking down on creation and the only explanation that I have........

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby....said you'd be comin' back this way again baby! Baby, baby, baby, baby, ohhh baby. I love you. I really do.

 
Designed by Lena