
Thursday night I went to a Chukars game with four of my nephews. It was quite entertaining I must say. We got there as they were singing the Star Spangle Banner and found some seats. The first inning or two was spent explaining what baseball is and how it works. I never realized I knew so much about baseball. Of course I had to explain it in terms that six year olds could understand and that was pretty entertaining in itself. Then they were thirsty and then hungry, but never fear I came prepared. I got out the waters and snacks and thought I was being so smart. Ya, I forget how much food boys can eat. My meager treats lasted through the third inning basically. We had a few spills and some hurried potty breaks (thank you Joshua for the help). An inning or so later they wanted cotton candy and of course I just happened to have the right amount of cash for 1. They split it in four and I stole a bite, ya now I remember why I don't like cotton candy. Another inning went by and it was time for french fries and a big glass of water for myself- which later ended up on the ground... but that turned into more entertainment for the boys. Then the younger two decided that it was time to go but Weston and Josh would have none of that. So we started playing games, such as I've never... and of course Carson won, big surprise yes I know. Then the announcer came out and played some music, thank goodness for this, it entertained the boys for a while and then the fun began. Carson and Colton decided to see how many verses they could make up with versions of if you are happy and you know it. It gave all those around some entertainment for a few innings. I have to admit it was more entertaining than the game. Colton and Carson got to go see the "chicken" as they called it and we took a picture on my phone. It was great. After the game all the boys wanted to run around the bases and get some "home runs." It was fabulous and gave them a way to get rid of all of that energy. Yes, folks we made it through nine innings and as an added bonus the Chukars won 6-5. It was a great night and I have to say I really enjoyed hanging out with the boys. We went to Grandma's house after and they all spent the night. I have to say it gave me a boost to appreciate the smaller things in life and I have to admit I really enjoyed hanging out with the boys!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment