Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I must comment on the shoes....

So if any of you are on Facebook you will see that there has been some discuss on my wall about shoes. So, I decided to write a little bit on my blog especially since I added my quotes about shoes. Some people may call it an obsession, but personally I call it a hobby. As you all know I love to buy shoes and I love to get a great deal on a pair of shoes. Shoes to me is one way that I express my emotions that day. I have shoes that I wear when I am feeling cute, ugly, PHAT (pretty hot and tempting), the other fat, laid back, lazy, professional, athletic (probably my least worn pair), wishing it was summer, and on a mission shoes (not like a real mission). Some girls have clothes that they wear for these different feelings, but I am not a clothes shopper most of the time and so I can't do this. Yes I counted my shoes the other day and yes I may have one too many pairs, but what pair would I give away. If you didn't see how many I had it is 43 pairs, that is kinda of embarassing to write when there are starving people in the world, this I know. However, I know this sounds wierd but shoe shopping is something I can control in my life when there are so many other things I can't... yes poor excuse I know, but none the less that is all I have. I also have to admit that one reason I love all my shoes is because my nieces like to play dress-up in my shoes and I love that. I love to think that someone thinks I am cool enough to want to be like and as we all know flattery is the greatest compliment. So.... yes world I will continue with my shoe hobby until I have reached my goal of owning 100 pairs at one time.... however, I probably won't want to stop then so I will probably increase my goal... because some hobbies are meant for a lifetime not a fleeting moment.....

3 comments:

Guiselle said...

awesome hobby! I wish I had that many shoes. Let's see, I have one pair of tennis shoes, 3 for church, and ... yeah, that's it.

Willie said...

Look Jenn! You should take after your friend. 4 pairs is plenty for anyone. =)

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Awesome hobby!! I too can't find a pair of shoes that I could throw away. I have lots that I don't wear, but I can't seem to part ways with them.

 
Designed by Lena