Thursday, March 5, 2009

Trip to Virginia

Kimi, Mom, and I went to Virginia about a week and a half ago to visit Derek, April and Family for Ember's Baptism. She got baptized on Saturday Feb. 21st . It was so great to be there with her along with her family and April's parents from California. I also got to meet my two nieces that were born last April: Gracie and Violet. They are pretty adorable I must say as are the other kids: Ember, Abigal and Andrew. It was fun to be there and visit. Our trip wasn't exactly how we planned because lots of people got sick including myself and so there was no being a tourist for me, but Kimi and Mom saw the Lincoln Memorial (cute pic of them at the memorial) and a few other things so that was fun. I also got to see my old roomie and friend Char from college and spend some time with her, so that was great. Overall besides the sickness it was a fun trip and great to see the family.
Ember before her baptism.
Kimi with Violet
Derek and Mom in front of their house.

Ember and I after her baptism.

Andrew, Ember, Abigail, Violet, and Grace after the baptism. The cookies were really good as you can see all of the kids have one.
As you can see it was a lot of fun and it was great to see the family again and some for the first time.

3 comments:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

That stinks you got sick! How fun though to go visit your family and see your two little nieces for the first time. Hope you are feeling better

Guiselle said...

our ward has that exact same couch in the foyer! Is that normal?

Joy said...

Hey Jen could you respond on my blog and let me know if Shauna has had her baby and what it was?? Thanks Joy

 
Designed by Lena